Lumenis is proud to partner with complimentary organizations that serve the medical industry such as the following:
- American Academy of OphthalmologyThe Academy has more than 27,000 members worldwide. Academy members are Eye M.D.s or D.O.s, doctors of medicine or osteopathy who specialize in the eyes and vision. The majority of Academy members are practicing physicians, who are comprehensive Eye M.D.s. These Eye M.D.s provide the full spectrum of eye care, from prescribing glasses and contact lenses to the medical and surgical treatment of a wide variety of eye conditions. In addition, many Eye M.D.s are subspecialists, physicians who have special training and focus their practices in specific areas of ophthalmology, such as glaucoma, cataract or pediatric ophthalmology.
- American Board of OphthalmologyFounded in 1916, the American Board of Ophthalmology is an independent, non-profit organization that is responsible for certifying ophthalmologists (eye physicians and surgeons) in the United States.
- American Glaucoma SocietyThe mission of the American Glaucoma Society is to promote excellence in the care of patients with glaucoma and preserve or enhance vision by supporting glaucoma specialists and scientists through the advancement of education and research.
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive SurgeryThe mission of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery is to raise the standards and skills of anterior segment surgeons through clinical and practice management education and to work with patients, government and the medical community to promote delivery of quality eye care.
- American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive SurgeryThe American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery was founded in 1969 to establish a qualified body of surgeons who have training and experience in this highly specialized field. The mission of this Society is to advance training, education, research, and the quality of clinical practice in the fields of aesthetic, plastic, and reconstructive surgery specializing in the face, eyelids, orbits, and lacrimal system.
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology The purposes of ARVO are to encourage and assist research, training, publication and dissemination of knowledge in vision and ophthalmology.
- International Society of Refractive Surgery The International Society of Refractive Surgery ( ISRS ) is an international organization of eye care professionals committed to providing scientific research, knowledge, and information to all individuals who are interested in refractive surgery. The ISRS consists of over 3,500 members worldwide, many of whom are among the world's leading experts in the use of surgery for the correction refractive errors such as nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism.
Below are links to sites containing information on general ophthalmology and treatments. These sites may refer to devices and treatment procedures that are under investigation and not approved for use in the United States.
- Eyeworld OnlineEyeWorld Online is an electronic publication administered by ASCRS Ophthalmic Services Corp.
- Lasers in Ophthalmologyan overview of the different ways lasers are used in ophthalmology
- National Eye Institutegeneral information on ophthalmology
- Macular Degeneration Foundationinformation on Macular Degeneration
- OSN Super Siteinformation on a large variety of ophthalmic topics
- Visudyneinformation on photodynamic therapy for AMD
- Vitreous Society The Vitreous Society was created in 1983 to promote the exchange of scientific information and new ideas among doctors specializing in diseases of the retina and vitreous. It has grown into the largest organization of its kind in the world. Its more than 1000 active members, representing thirty countries, are active participants in the annual scientific and social programs.
- The AMD Allianceinformation on Age-related Macular Degeneration
Glaucoma Patient Resource Websites
- SLT Laser Therapyinformation about glaucoma, alternative therapies and a physician locator service to help find physicians who provide the SLT (selective laser trabeculoplasty) procedure.
- Glaucoma Research Foundationgeneral information on glaucoma
- The Glaucoma Foundationcommitted to leading the fight against glaucoma and to identifying new treatments and cures. Supporting and promoting innovative scientific study as well as encouraging collaborations among researchers in different fields and laboratories are The Foundation's priorities.
- National Association for the Visually Handicappedlarge-print information on a variety of topics including glaucoma.